Kawai CE220 Digital Piano Review (Updated)
Savage rivalry in the advanced piano market has prompted an awesome result. The shopper is spoilt for decision with instruments that are always overhauled in their sound quality, activity and highlights. The Kawai CE220 is the most recent expansion to this market and its entrance into the opposition makes it a main contender on every one of the three of these fronts. Which makes it a computerized piano, that merits adapting more about.
Numerous organizations pull in purchasers of advanced pianos by pressing them brimming with highlights, yet forfeit on sound quality and contact. Kawai have taken care of the solicitations of the most recognizing of clients.
Perfectionists, are always inquiring as to whether it sounds and feels like a genuine piano. With the Kawai CE220, Kawai have met people’s high expectations and created a quality instrument that is satisfyingly piano-like, both to the ear and to the fingers.
Features of Kawai CE220
The instrument has 22 preset sounds for instruments that incorporate, strings, chorale, organ, harpsichord, electric piano and synth. With the scope of impacts including reverb, deferral and chorale, one can truly make the correct sound for each preset. Three levels of splendor go with each solid. A tremolo work adds authenticity to string sounds.
There are likewise two rotating impacts suited to the organ sounds giving a true reaction to them. The string reverberation include, one of a kind to Kawai, additionally gives a more real feel to the instrument enabling certain notes to resound when others are being played, much the same as they do in an acoustic instrument. This gives added authenticity and many-sided quality to the sound, which the best ear will discover hard to perceive its advanced causes.
The octave move enables you to grow the scope of the console and the layer move is a flawless component that gives one layer a chance to play an octave lower or higher than the other. Kawai CE220 makes for some superb articulation while playing in a live setting. It isn’t normally found on different instruments.
Likewise phenomenal is the capacity to set the elements on each layer, in order to adjust the two voices against one another. Common split capacities are additionally accessible however an intriguing one is the capacity to part the instrument into two 44-key pianos based on C4.
The console incorporates an on-board metronome and pedal capacities including a half-pedal feel for exact articulation of the most developed piano pieces. Somewhere in the range of 29 preset pieces show the scope of pieces that can be played successfully on the instrument and offer incredible motivation to those taking in the instrument. Each piece can be changed in accordance with tune in to the different hands of the piece. (Valuable for figuring out how to play them).
The metronome is natural and supplies distinctive time marks (7 of them) and also unique cadenced feels, in this way helping artists to precisely play more troublesome musical pieces e.g. jazz and swing.
The instrument additionally has a 2-track recorder and can record three melodies continuously. This enables the client to hear execution playback and gain from blunders. One can record a left hand independently on one track and after that the correct hand on the other to use by and by and for learning troublesome specialized entries.
A scope of yields and information sources, including midi, headphone jacks and USB enable the client to connect to gadgets that can connection to recording programming and additionally take into consideration quiet practice (when the family simply don’t have to hear that piece once more). The stereo yields enable the gadget to be associated with any solid framework for enhancement.
The USB port additionally enables one to spare any pieces for playback later and this implies less requirement for on-board memory as any memory gadgets can be connected to the instrument.
The transpose work considers fast simple transposition for the performer new to certain keys. This is what might as well be called the capo for guitarists.
Piano sounds are famously hard to test precisely over the scope of the instrument. Kawai’s Progressive Harmony sound innovation has created a very much tested piano stable that mirrors the gentler, warm sounds normal for Kawai’s acoustic partners.
The low registers have a resonant profundity, without being “boomy” and excessively “bassy”. Center registers create a warm wrapping tone that fills the space and gives the audience a feeling of having the capacity to interface with the tone. The higher enlist gives a reasonable ringing reverberation that isn’t excessively improved by reverb.
The association between the registers is consistent, bringing pleasant union over the scope of the instrument. Time after time the distinctive registers of computerized pianos seem like the originate from three unique instruments. With the Kawai CE220, your virtuosity will be supplemented with a brought together tone from note 1 through to 88.
Close by the delightfully conditioned piano sounds, a going with segment of strings, organ, choir and different tones include some adaptability and give a prepared background to the piano tones, utilizing the layer work. A decent touch on the layering procedure is that the elements for the layers can be set separately, taking into account correct articulation while playing.
The expanded 192-note polyphony likewise considers more prominent articulation and the capacity to deal with some extremely quick section take a shot at the instrument. This is about a third more than most ordinary advanced pianos available today.
It gives the client unmistakably acoustic exactness for entries that incorporate arpeggiated notes and managed glissandos, for example, those by Debussy for instance.
Kawai have spearheaded the AWA PROII evaluated pound activity innovation. This gives the console the vibe of a genuine acoustic piano with marginally heavier keys on the base end and lighter playing keys in the upper registers.
While the vibe is incredibly sensible to that of Kawai’s acoustic grands, the keys are somewhat stiffer to play on and might be somewhat troublesome for the more youthful artist to grasp.
Having said that, there is almost certainly that the evaluated activity gives a more characteristic feel to the playing of the instrument and experienced performers, especially the individuals who have experienced childhood with Kawai electric piano will feel comfortable with the recognizable reaction from the wooden keys.
The scope of impacts accessible, additionally add to the affectability and modification of the touch to take into consideration fine control for the ultra-delicate performer. Performers disparaging of the volume control on computerized instruments will find that the Kawai CE220 offers a satisfying reaction from pianissimo to fortissimo
The Kawai CE220 likewise has a capacity that enables clients to set up their own touch from delicate to noisy. This at that point alters the console to the clients playing quality.
Truth be told a scope of touch highlights frame affectability to tuning and personality gives the client extreme control in setting up the instrument to correct client determinations.
Top artists may experiment with a hundred distinctive acoustic instruments previously they discover one that looks and sounds the manner in which they need it to. The Kawai CE220 gives you choices to change the touch, feel and sound to your individual needs as a performer.
Specialized Specifications of Kawai CE220
- Measurements (WxDxH): 54 x 20 x 35 inches
- Weight: 126 lb
- 88 Notes
- Wooden Keys
- Weighted Keys: Graded Hammer Action
- Polyphony: Maximum 192 Notes
- Sound Mechanism: Progressive Harmonic Imaging
- Number of Preset Voices: 22
- Number of Preset Songs: 29
- Sliding Key Cover
- Reverb (5 Types)
- Rotary (2)
- Dual Mode
- Virtual Technician
- Touch Curve (6 or more client)
- Damper Effect
- String Resonance
- Layer Dynamics
- Lower Octave Shift
- Layer Octave Shift
- Damper Hold
- 2-Track Recorder
- Display: 3-Character LED
- Speakers: 2 x 12cm
- Intensifier: 20W + 20W
- Pedals: Damper, delicate, sostenuto
- Sources of info/Outputs:
- MIDI In/Out
- USB to Device
- USB to Host
- Stereo Line Input
- Stereo Line Output
- 2 x 1/4″ Headphone Jacks
- Warranty: 3 Years on Parts and Service
- If I somehow managed to pick one component which obscures all others that make this advanced piano emerge, it would be its individual fitting to contact affectability.
- Nothing in the computerized piano world offers anything remotely comparative and consequently alone I would buy one.
- I especially preferred the capacity to change the elements of the individual layers of the diverse instruments.
- Time and again on computerized instruments the one layer overwhelms the other and this component gave more execution control to the client, making melodic articulation considerably more suited to the person’s taste.
- The 3-pedals likened to that of Kawai’s acoustic terrific pianos likewise add to the realness of the computerized partner and loan the instrument a dash of loftiness.
- The accelerating likewise felt extremely common and expressive for an advanced instrument.
- Supplementing the as of now magnificently examined sounds, the scope of included impacts take into account a customized timbre to suit each ear.
- Furthermore, the capacity to tailor-make the touch makes it perfect for making the coveted reaction from the instrument.
- The expense additionally puts it at the highest point of its association as far as incentive for cash in view of highlights accessible, tonal quality and look.
- An acoustic instrument that sounds this great could without much of a stretch cost five times the cost.
- I additionally loved the way that the instrument looked and felt strong.
- Some computerized pianos make one feel wary to play truly emphatically.
- The Kawai CE220 remained satisfyingly stable notwithstanding when playing some progressively expressive pieces.
- One can assault the keys with a solid sforzando and not feel as though the keys are being stressed past their ability.
- Kawai has an unmistakable vibe on its pianos and this may not generally suit each individual’s touch.
- A portion of my understudies discover the keys a little on the stiffer side.
- I additionally didn’t see much use for the part work into two pianos other than for playing alongside total novices in an instructing circumstance.
- Utilizing it to play two part harmonies was not exceptionally functional.
- It might have been a smart thought on the planning phase yet the handy utilization of two 44 key pianos on one console appeared to be all the more a dissatisfaction than an assistance as I continued coming up short on keys.
- In spite of the fact that not overweight, the instruments shape doesn’t make it extremely versatile and it would not be a decent purchase for the voyaging entertainer.
- Having said that, it beats transporting an amazing piano and offers the sound of one for a considerably less demanding drive, and it is genuinely simple to dismantle and pack into a littler compartment, in spite of the fact that it will take two individuals to reassemble the boards.
- The metronome doesn’t take into consideration more entangled time-marks, for example, 5/4 and the musicality presets are an element that is pleasant to toy around with for feel however doesn’t offer any genuine execution improvement to the instrument.
- With drum writing computer programs being for further developed today, the cadence embed feels more like an arrival to the mid 80s when this element was a standard amateur on every single electronic console.
- By and by I could manage without them since they feel ‘gimmicky’ instead of an additional component.
- While the modification of touch highlights are extraordinary for master players who recognize what they are searching for, they can wreak devastation with the tenderfoot artist figuring out how to control their very own powerful articulation through touch and weight affectability.
- In the event that the instrument is being utilized as an educating or rehearsing instrument for a tenderfoot, it might be fitting to utilize these highlights sparingly until the point when genuine touch affectability has created in the player.
All said and done the Kawai CE220 is an in vogue, smooth and attractive instrument that is intensely estimated, weighed down with valuable highlights and seems like the genuine article. Indeed, even prepared acoustic performers will think that its intense to overlook the superb multiplication of tone and feel on this computerized piano.
The dark silk complete and coordinating piano stool gives a rich look to the instrument, making it a jazzy household item to any home, or considerably bigger scenes like places of worship, show corridors and such.
As a showing piano, proficient execution instrument or family play-along instrument, there is no questioning its appropriateness for an extensive variety of artists. Kawai may simply get into the lead of the advanced piano race with this adaptable and excellent instrument.
On the off chance that you have ever thought of changing your image of computerized instrument the Kawai advanced piano Kawai CE220 is an adequate motivation to do as such.